Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Limited Addiction

I used to rarely wear red polish. Like, next to never. I don't know what is going on with me lately, but I do know that, when faced with Essie's Fall 2010 collection in Face Values last night, I picked Limited Addiction over all the other colors. I'm a red convert, so shoot me!!

Essie_LA2

This is the kind of gorgeously classic color that almost makes me want to forsake all my other nail polishes and make red nails my signature. Almost.
 
Essie_LADD

Can you blame me though? Limited Addiction is one of those jelly-cremes, which means that application was flawless and clean up a breeze, especially for a red. You could definitely get away with two coats but I went with three just to make sure they looked perfect. I love this type of blue-based red, it suits my skin tone and doesn't make me want to scream (like Nars Dovima does).

The above two shots are in natural light, and Limited Addiction, like a lot of reds, looks much brighter there than it does under artificial light.

Essie_LAInside2

Still love it to bits though!! Absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad I picked this up rather than going for one of the trendier shades. I'll be wearing this for years and years to come. For me, this is a backup bottle kinda color.

Essie_LAInside

Is there a color that you always gravitate towards? 

Welcome to Cindy of Nail'd & Polish'd!

5 comments:

  1. I recently used an Essie lacqueur and you really feel the difference in evrything:application/duration. This is a wonderful color too. Timeless as u stated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I JUST find you blog???
    Hello..my name is Gabi and I'm addicted to nail polish! LOL!
    Love is color...so classic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahh! omg omg. i am so addicted to your blog now haha. i love this color! i picked up the little brown dress from essie's fall collection.. their formula is sooo awesome. i love it. anyway i'm thinking of making red my signature color too! waaahhh even tho i love my dark colors i can't get enough of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sexy red!! would look amazing with that ASOS Curve dress =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love <3