Friday, August 6, 2010

Gradation Mani

After seeing Michelle's gradation mani over at All Lacquered Up, I've been obsessed with trying to find the best polishes in my collection to do my own version. A gradation manicure is when the color fade down the nail, creating an ombre effect on each finger. Michelle used a Butter London jelly to achieve her look, but I've got nothing like it in my collection. I decided to give it a go using my one and only holo, OPI My Private Jet.

gradient4

My results! I layered MPJ over one coat of American Apparel Mount Royal. MPJ is pretty sheer on its own, but I decided to mix it with some clear polish for the first coat so the blue would still show through pretty strongly. Then I did two more normal coats of MPJ, moving further down the nail with each coat, and topped with Seche Vite.

gradient

What do you think? I like this a lot! I want to try it again with a lighter color on the base so the gradient really shows. A true jelly, like what Michelle used, is going to be my next polish purchase so I can try it out with sheer color rather than holo. But still, I like it! Has anyone else tried this mani?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3