Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Matte Green 7


Today I've got a polish I picked up while perusing through my local Urban Outfitters. No name for this, it's simply called Matte Green 7.

UO

I really love the color of this polish, a pretty light tiffany blue. Unfortunately, it was a bitch and a half to apply. This polish is semi-matte, drying to a satin finish. It does this weird thing where it dries just enough to be unspreadable on the nail, but not enough to avoid smudging and nicking. Sometimes I was lucky to even cover my whole nail before the polish started drying right on the brush. Again, really really weird, one of the most difficult formulas I've ever worked with.
uo2

This is three coats as the first two streaked horribly - three was absolutely necessary to even things out. I was REALLY not feeling the satin finish as it showed every imperfection in the mani, so I slapped on a thick coat of Seche, which made the pretty color shine and definitely saved my nails many more smudges than are already there.

I have one other color from Urban, a sheer lime so creatively called Green 1, which has been sitting in my untrieds for ages. It's not a matte so hopefully application will be better. I wonder how this sheer polish would work for a gradation mani? Hmmm...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3