Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Marble...Wednesday

Finally! A marble I like and am actually wearing! Woot woot!

I give you my uber-posh taupe marble!

MM_Brown

Bask in the glory, readers. Bathe in it.

MM_Brown2

Aaaand the other hand. I was going to save this for Monday, but I was so excited about it, plus I've skipped Marble Monday the last two weeks or so, so I just had to put it up today.

MM_brownThumbLMM_BrownthumbR
 And thumbs. Excuse my cuticles please! For this marble, I used H&M Grey Sky, OPI You Don't Know Jacques, and OPI Glamor Game, which is the shimmery gold. First I put on a coat of Color Club High Society. Because Grey Sky is such a tiny bottle, and the colors are so close, I figured it'd be fine as a base. This marble was pretty easy to do, all three colors spread well in the water and were easy to swirl. I did notice that when my AC kicked in it got a little more difficult as the polish started drying quicker on the water. Little things like that make a huge difference! Also, I used a different method of protecting my skin this time. Usually I wrap my finger in tape to keep the polish off my cuticles and fingers. Though this works well, it's a HUGE pain in butt. This time, I used vaseline around my cuticles and on my fingers. It's very easy to do with just a Q-tip, and once your nails are dry you can wipe the vaseline along with excess polish right off. I got this tip from a fellow blogger, but can't remember who!! I know I commented how great of an idea it was, so if it was you, please let me know so I can give you the proper credit!

What do you guys think of this combo? Yay or nay?


4 comments:

  1. Ohh that's a great marblemani! I really like the colors you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is nice! Just came across ur site. Will surely be a follower now:-) If u have the time do visit mine too although nothing as great as urs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! I checked you out and became a follower too :) great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love <3